myfox8.com

[ooyala code=”1nOXNwazqRME5BPb4KvlUSJM2IFOn-6E” player_id=”d8f58704137d45e392883052ae837773″]

MIDWAY, N.C. — A 3-year-old Boxer named Zoey is being credited with saving the life of her owner.

Kim Poole says her dog woke her up Friday morning to a bedroom full of smoke and fire on the ceiling.

“She was pouncing on top of me,” said Poole Monday evening. “It took three times for her to jump on me — she never does that — before I started coming to.”

The home, more than 100 years old, had been in her family since 1941 when her grandparents moved in. Poole has lived in the home for more than 30 years. She received Zoey as a Christmas gift three years ago.

“She’s amazing,” she said.

Friends and family are helping Kim and Zoey. Old electrical wiring is believed to have started the fire.

View original post

Advertisements