myfox8.com

[ooyala code=”p0aDl5bTo2xTBuAzMO0PnGb4LebXrRIp” player_id=”d8f58704137d45e392883052ae837773″]

RALEIGH, N.C. — A Yadkinville woman who was shocked by electricity while working near power lines this weekend says her survival is a miracle.

Sonya Jones and her husband, Shane, own a tree-cutting business based in Yadkinville. They were working on a job in Raleigh this past Saturday clearing tree branches away from power lines.

“We’d gotten all the tops done, we were home free, down to the easy part,” she explained. But the situation suddenly turned dangerous.

Sonya said her husband was in the bucket of their truck working up in the trees. She was on the ground.

They aren’t sure if part of the truck hit a power line or if electricity arced onto the truck, but suddenly Sonya saw fire around the underside of the vehicle.

“The flames just came from nowhere and both the tires were on fire, and it was getting higher…

View original post 288 more words

Advertisements