Fox 59

[ooyala code=”xnNzAwbzrLUapg5PY0aRlC-3GNtd2chU” player_id=”4839d4b491844b6da3d47f354f217ce5″]

By Eric Levy

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (June 16, 2014) — A Southport boy is alive thanks to his pit bull that woke him up from a nap when his house caught fire.

Nick Lamb, 13, was born without the ability to hear, so the smoke alarms couldn’t wake him up, but his two-and-a-half year old pit bull Ace did. This isn’t just a story about the bond between a boy and his dog.

“Comes in my room a lot, and likes to play with me, and then, we also play out in the backyard sometimes, too,” said Nick.

In Nick’s eyes, Ace is a hero.

“Yeah, he saved my life,” Nick said. “I love him a lot more.”

Nick had gone down for an afternoon nap Wednesday and took out his cochlear as he normally does before he goes to sleep, and he didn’t hear the smoke alarms…

View original post 234 more words

Advertisements